Football Memories League
Scotland’s Football Archive serves the Alzheimer Scotland Football Memories project and aims to provide football images for reminiscence activity.
Scotland’s Football Archive represents thousands of images from the history of the game in Scotland. These images can act as memory triggers for people with dementia and can assist with short term memory recall. The website enables groups throughout Scotland to access the digital collections of the Scottish Football Museum in order to facilitate reminiscence activity.
Other technologies employed include:
• Membership site
• Controlled groups for membership access levels
• Content Management System for easy updating and adding to the main pages e.g. news section
• Bespoke catalogue management system which integrates with the scanning software at the museum
• Custom search functions for image filtering
• PDF printing function for generating an information sheet for a given image
• Statistics on which images are being accessed search for and downloaded